Our homes have always been an important place. More than just a physical location, home…
There are many interior design firms
out there and if you are preparing a new home or simply updating your current one, you are strongly encouraged to hire one of these firms to handle the design and decoration of your home. This way you can rest assured that the final product will be of the highest quality possible while saving you time and money.
Of course, you shouldn’t expect to hire just anyone and get amazing results. You should carefully compare interior design firms so you can select the one that is most appropriate for your personality and needs. When making these comparisons, it is important to keep the following things in mind:
· Interior design firms should offer a consultation with you and openly listen to everything that you have to say about your home before the project begins. Your opinions and visions should be important to the process, and the firm should be happy to let you be involved.
· Compare the portfolios of the different interior design firms. It is true that every interior designer has to start somewhere and have first clients, but that doesn’t mean that you have to be the one that takes that place. You should expect the firm that you choose to have an extensive and appealing portfolio demonstrating a full range of projects and great versatility. You are not necessarily looking at the portfolio to gain ideas, but you should see things that you like so you can choose a company with which you can be comfortable trusting your space.
· Make sure that the firm you choose does not see your home as just another aspect to add to their portfolio. If they are suddenly discussing ideas that are very far off of the details that you discussed in your consultations or seem to making a lot of decisions completely independently even though you told them you wanted to discuss concepts, you should reconsider your designer relationship. This may be an indication that they are making a “to order” page of their portfolio rather than really trying to make your home what you want it to be.
· Unless you have a very small home or go into your relationship with your decorators with extremely clear ideas of what you want, you can expect to be interacting with these decorators for several weeks, even months. This means that you should look for interior design firms that are personable and offer decorators that are friendly, fun to be near, and pleasant to work with so that you enjoy the process rather than dread discussing your home.
· Interior design firms worth hiring are those that seem excited about your home. They don’t need to be over-exuberant or seem like they are trying to butter you up — in fact, this should turn you off — but they should seem ready and eager to work with you to create the home that you desire based on their creativity and skills.
. Check and compare their ability to work in different interior design directions. See below some examples of how DKOR Interiors masters interior design in an array of styles.