Hallways are often forgotten about, however, they should be decorated with the same love and…
Our visit to Chicago last week brought us a lot of new interior design inspiration and we’re eager to share with you the new interior design trends in tile around the world that the Italian companies are debuting.
Around 16 ceramic companies, members of Confindustria Ceramica were participating: Altaeco, Atlas Concorde Caesar, Casalgrande Padana, Ceramiche Cisa, Cooperativa Ceramica Imola, Emilceramica, Fincibec Fioranese, Florim, Mipa, Ornamenta, Lea Ceramiche Refin, eighteenth century, Simas and Target.
Your favorite Miami interior design firm has the inside scoop of a range of decorative and innovative tiles from amazing Italian companies, and we’ve rounded up the new tiles trends just for you!
- Vintage decor: nostalgic wave. Vintage, floral, geometric patterns.
- Hexagons and new geometries: inspired by the past but now taken to another level: waves, herringbone’s.
- Pop and urban style: interpretation of underground vintage with pop art and graffiti
- Colors: not only new bold colors but also their combination and the versatility of the patterns you can do.
- Black and white: the presence and absence of color. Even providing optical effects. It can be classical or bold and three-dimensional.
These are all more decorative examples. Now let’s talk about materials.
- Ceramic wood: high performance porcelain wood.
This is one of the strongest trends that have been presented over the past years. It can be used in patterns, stacked, offset, and even in combination with other ceramic trends.
We saw that now tiles are even being used a lot in living spaces such as bedrooms and living rooms. Yes, we all love the lush and warmth of natural materials but some of them come with lots of maintenance requirements that can equal to never ending expenses.
- Ceramic marble: there are more and more options; calacatta, travertine even petrified wood.
- Metals: ceramics that look like metal especially those that look worn, in a post-industrial way.
- Indoor and outdoor: this is where you really see examples of technological advancements. Having more and more options that can be used indoors and extended outdoors. Especially very thick tiles that can be played on top of grass. Also very thin ceramics that are over 3 meters long. If you’d like to learn more about this, check out our previous blog post on LARGE format tiles. CLICK HERE.
For more info: @ceramicsofitaly on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
We love all of the interior design inspiration we found during our attendance to “Spotlight on Italian Innovation and Sustainability – Design Series 2015” and look forward to trying out these materials on our upcoming interior design projects.
Follow us along on Instagram (@dkorinteriors) and stay tunned as you see how this Miami interior design firm shares all the details of our visit to Chicago.